Assistant Manager-Quality & Learning India
Assistant Manager – Quality & Learning
Save the Children, India Gurgaon, Haryana, India
About the job
Job id : 173835
Apply by: 24 Sep 2021
Relevant Sectors Communications, IT, Media, Knowledge Management, Editor
Monitoring, Evaluation, Policy, Research
Social, Gender, Education, Youth, Child
Assistant Manager – Quality & Learning
Programme and Policy
Senior Manager – Quality
National Support Office (Gurgaon)
Email id to send application
Last date to apply
24 th September 2021
AM/Q&L (It is mandatory to mention the job code in subject line. Applications without JOB CODE will not be considered.)
Save the Children is a leading independent child rights organization that fights for children’s rights and delivers immediate and lasting improvement to children’s lives worldwide. Save the Children, founded in 1919 as a response to the condition in Europe immediately following the First World War, is a federation of 29 members with similar vision, mission, and values for children, working in more than 120 countries to form a truly international movement for children. Save the Children, Bal Raksha, Bharat (SC BR) is the 28th independent member of the International Save the Children Alliance. Save the Children in India works on 5 core themes: Child Survival, Education, Child Protection, Humanitarian and Disaster and Risk Management in collaboration with the Government, civil society organizations, and the community across 16 states and has reached over 3 million children across India.
Programme & Policy covers Programme Implementation (with partners or direct implementation), Thematic
Expertise (technical knowledge in areas of specialization), and Policy & Programme Impact (advocacy, research, monitoring & evaluation, and quality). The function link’s grass-roots worl‹ with policy changes at the highest level, and manages an ecosystem of partnerships including, but not limited to, community organisations, donors, peer organisations, academic institutions, media, and the state. Policy and Programme Impact is a constituent of Programme & Policy function that comprises elements of MEAL (Monitoring Evaluation and Learning), Research, Quality and Learning and Policy & Advocacy at the National level.
The Assistant Manager, Quality & Learning would work with the Quality & Learning Lead, Research and MEAL Lead from the PI team as well as the Thematic Technical Advisors and Program Implementation team at the National level in improving the overall quality of programs within the organization. He/She would work towards ensuring Quality in Program Cycle Management and strengthening institutional knowledge and learnings. He/She would support in ensuring that quality standards as per the quality framework are maintained in projects from design (results framework), implementation (Project quality reviews, quality benchmarks etc.) to closure phase. He/She is responsible for facilitating assessment of projects on the quality framework, organize regular project reviews and ensure its learnings are disseminated and used for enhancing program quality.
The Assistant Manager is also responsible for supporting the synthesis and sharing of institutional learning and knowledge within the organization. He/She is responsible for creating an enabling environment/platforms for knowledge exchange like KLEW (Knowledge, Learning and Exchange Week) to promote a culture of learning and sharing of institutional knowledge. He/She will have to work closely with other functions and teams (thematic, program operations campaigns and communications) to ensure knowledge products are developed and stored in a systematic manner.
The Quality & Learning Support would also coordinate with the Hub level PI Leads with regards to hub and project office specific Quality and Learning activities.
Role & Responsibilities
Ensure Quality in Program Cycle Management:
- Support in designing project specific Theory of Change (ToC), Results Frameworks/LFA in line with quality standards
- Ensure program design (new proposals) are meeting quality standards
- Lead the process of conducting program quality assessments and Quarterly Project Reviews at the National Support Office and guide HUB PI leads in doing the same at the HUB level
- Preparation of analytical Quality Reports to address result and quality issues.
- Lead the process of developing and monitoring Quality Benchmarks in consultation with the thematic leads
- Strengthening Institutional knowledge and learnings:
- Support in the process of synthesizing institutional, cross-thematic and thematic learnings through knowledge products
- Provide technical support and/or lead on developing project specific knowledge products.
- Support in organizing learning events (KLEW, Learning workshops etc.) within the organization engaging internal and external stakeholders
- Lead the process of creating online repository of knowledge products on the intranet with the support of the C&C team
Measures Of Performance
- % of select strategic projects meet the Quality Standards
- Learnings through knowledge products is enhanced in ongoing projects and SC India’s strategic priority
- projects and shared internally
- Direct (solid-line) to (administrative): Quality & Learning Lead
- Matrix (dotted-line) to (functional): NA
- Direct reports (line management responsibility if ang): NA Matrix (dotted-line) (line management responsibility if ang): NA
Keg relationships: (Internal & External stakeholders)
- Internal Stakeholders (collaborates with):
- National Office PI team (Research, MEAL, Quality and Learning Leads), cross-functional Programme Leads (Thematic Leads, Advocacy Lead, C&C Lead, Proc. & Admin Lead, Finance Lead and HR Lead;
- Programme Hub Leads and Programme Hub teams;
- Project Office Leads and project office teams
- External Stakeholders:
- External Consultants, Research Institutions, Academia, Think Tanks, people working in related areas in
- other international and national NGOs, donor organizations and UN agencies.
Min. 5 years of work experience in the development sector, of which at least 3 gears
should be in strengthening Monitoring & Evaluation and quality assurance system in institutions and projects in a large organizational setup
Post graduate degree in Social Work / Social Sciences / Statistics / Economics / Demography / Population studies / Anthropology / Development
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles
- Recruitment and selection procedures, which include rigorous background checks, reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse
- Save the Children aims to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applications irrespective of age, race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or creed. Women candidates are encouraged to apply. We are also open to applications from people who want to work flexibly.
Child Safeguarding Level Required/ Appropriate For The Role
The role holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory unless the content or location of the role changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level will be reviewed.
Either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or they will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required.
The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.