Interns Mindshare United Foundation
Job Description | Mindshare United Foundation
Mindshare United Foundation, a Political & Governance Consulting 1rm is looking to hire interns for the upcoming cycle of state assembly elections in 2022. The role would be based out of Telangana/Andhra Pradesh/Karnataka/Kerala/Maharashtra/Tamil Nadu.
In this role, you will take part in an election campaign real-time, with your research, analysis and recommendations serving as an input to campaigns of major political parties as well as state governments.
This role provides real life experience in policy drafting and legal analysis, as well as opportunities to interact with policymakers. The interns gain unique insight and experience into the process of decision making with respect to policymaking and the functioning of various government agencies.
Interns Mindshare United Foundation Key Responsibilities
- Conducting secondary research into government policy, legal issues and current social, economic and political developments
- Writing policy papers on current as well as prospective policies of the central and state governments
- Compiling reports on the functioning of the central government and various state governments
- Compiling reports on important current aIairs events and issues
- Formulating recommendations with respect to government policies, current aIairs and elections campaigns, serving as inputs to governments and political parties
- Undertaking qualitative research through ground interviews as well as telephonic interviews with a wide variety of stakeholders such as politicians, journalists, civil society representatives, subject matter experts and voters to gather inputs with respect to voter behaviour and public policy
Interns Mindshare United Foundation Required Skills and Qualifications
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in law, economics or public policy, from a reputed college or university
- Ability and experience in primary and secondary research methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen interest in, and knowledge of politics, current aIairs and governance
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Pro1ciency with Microsoft o ce and Google Workspace suite
- Candidates Ruent in local languages corresponding to the respective locations (Konkani, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, ) along with Hindi would be preferred
If you feel you are the right 1t for this position, go ahead and shoot us a mail with your attached CV and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we’ll only be able to address any other questions you may have once you’re shortlisted for the position.
We look forward to seeing you on board. All the best!