Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation
American India Foundation (AIF) – Sr. Program Manager – Public Health
Position: Sr. Program Manager, Public Health
Function: Public Health
Location: Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh (base location change will be considered based on candidate’ needs)
Reporting: Director, Public Health
Deadline for applications: 24th September, 2021
Table of Contents
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Background of the Organization:
The American India Foundation is committed to improving the lives of India’s underprivileged, with a special focus on women, children, and youth. AIF does this through high impact interventions in education, health, and livelihoods, because poverty is multidimensional. AIF’s unique value proposition is its broad engagement between communities, civil society, and expertise, thereby building a lasting bridge between the United States and India. With offices in New York and California, twelve chapters across the U.S., and India operations headquartered in Delhi NCR, AIF has impacted 9.2 million lives across 29 states of India.
Visit www.AIF.org to learn more about AIF’s work.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Background of the Programme :
Maternal and Newborn Survival Initiative (MANSI) is a public-private partnership seeking to reduce maternal and child mortality by providing care, resources, and support to empower local communities to care for their mothers and children – and improve local health systems.
By promoting social cohesion through mobilizing communities for collective action and increasing healthy deliveries in institutional settings by leveraging a government maternity incentive scheme, AIF is instituting a system for sustainability at all levels for the community and local Health Ministry to uphold over the long term.MANSI adopts a life-stage approach to improving maternal and child health & nutrition outcomes. The program currently is active in 7 states covering a population of around 8 million.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Job Summary:
The position is responsible for the overall operational support in Advocacy, Implementation and Partnership management at the state level, for public health related interventions.
Primarily, the position will oversee implementation of ‘Prabhat’, a community focused intervention aimed at improving knowledge and behavior on nutritional intake towards improved maternal and child health outcomes. This project is being implemented in four districts across Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
In addition, position will assess the health financing needs of priority districts in MP for AIF and advocate for appropriate budget allocation and promote increased/optimal expenditure of approved budgets in the state plans.
The position shall support in resource mobilization in co-ordination with the Strategic Partnership team at AIF.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Key Responsibilities:
- Program Management:
- Oversee implementation of Prabhat program in the districts of Etah, Hamirpur(UP), Chindwara (MP) and Hosur (Tamil Nadu).
- Prepare and manage a dynamic project implementation plan, in consultation with key team members and donor(s).
- Provide supportive supervision to block-level teams in routine implementation of planned activities. A total of around 140 team members are expected to be part of the project.
- Ensure accuracy in project data collection and reporting.
- Undertake documentation of the project for internal learning and donor reporting purposes.
- Engage with donor(s) for project planning, review and reporting.
- Facilitate day-to-day project management tasks including financial management, human resources management, procurement and office administration.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Advocacy:
- Establishes and maintains regular contact with the government officials, project implementing partners at state and district level and contribute to policy advocacy for adopting innovative approaches of demand generation and service delivery.
- Undertake needs assessment of priority districts for annual financial allocations to maternal, child and adolescent health programs.
- Influence budgetary provisions in PIP(state annual plans) based on the district needs.
- Engage with district governments for periodic monitoring of expenditure of allocated budget and ensure optimal utilization.
- Engage with state and district governments to encourage adoption of best practices in ensuring health of adolescents, children and women.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Building Partnerships and Resource mobilization:
- Help in identifying credible partner NGOs who can partner with the foundation to develop and implement the program that will positively impact health outcomes.
- Provide technical assistance and leadership support to implementation partners.
- Network with alliances and other likeminded organization for replication of project on co-funding mode.
- Support in proposal development and donor engagement, in co-ordination with the Strategic Partnership team at AIF.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Capacity Building:
- Facilitate and coordinate high quality and timely trainings of project staff and other stakeholders.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Monitoring and Evaluation (in co-ordination with LEI team at AIF):
- Coordinate with government, implementing partners and consultants in conducting routine monitoring, baseline, midline, end line surveys, and facility based assessments of AIF projects.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and strengthening of MIS. Undertakes field visits to monitor programmes as well as conducting periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Provide feedback to senior management on a regular basis.
- Prepare regular monitoring reports, both for AIF donors and internal audiences, on the progress being made by the NGOs and the outputs, outcomes and impacts.
Sr. Program Manager-Public Health-American India Foundation Key Skills and Competencies:
- Masters in social sciences/public health management or a related field.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in program monitoring and implementation.
- In depth sectoral knowledge concerning maternal, newborn and child health & nutrition.
- Understanding of State government structures and previous experience of working with state and local governments.
- Demonstrated skills to mentor partner staff in delivering their job responsibilities meticulously.
- Ability to network and negotiate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders to achieve the objectives of the program.
- Fluency in written and spoken Hindi and English.
- A self starter who can perform with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to remote and rural areas for up to 30% of time.
Others: Salary will commensurate with experience.
Position Availability: Immediately
Application Process: To apply for this position, send your CV and covering letter describing how you meet the specifications for this role and what you bring to it along with the current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Sr. Program Manager – Public Health”
Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged.