Advertisement Title: LTBI Coordinator (Nainital, Haridwar, Dehradun) Uttarakhand
Role: LTBI Coordinator (Nainital, Haridwar, Dehradun) Uttarakhand
State: Centre for Health Research & Innovation (CHRI) Uttarakhand
Districts: Nainital, Haridwar, Dehradun, Chamoli, Bageshwar & Rudraprayag
Table of Contents
Centre for Health Research and Innovation (CHRI) is a PATH affiliate in India that aims to create lasting public health impact across the country. We work on some of the most critical areas of public health including tuberculosis, maternal new-born child health and nutrition, neglected tropical diseases, malaria and vaccines. Our work is spread across India with communities, healthcare professionals, policy makers, innovators, hospitals, laboratories, and pharmacists to bring about sustainable, scalable and impactful change in public health.
About the program:
The Joint Effort for Elimination of TB (JEET) 2.0 with support from The Global Fund aims to accelerate progress of National Tuberculosis Elimination Program (NTEP) towards TB elimination by improving quality of care and increasing patients’ access to drugs and diagnostics through technology driven interventions and partnerships with the private sector. Specifically, the project will address gaps in Latent TB Infection (LTBI) care cascade, measure and improve quality of care across the cascade and build NTEP capacity with the objective to address the LTBI burden by establishing mechanisms for household contact tracing of adults and children in contact with Pulmonary TB patients and ensuring access to comprehensive TB prevention, care and support services.
CHRI under this project will cover 33 NTEP districts across Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala and Ladakh.
Role & responsibilities:
• Coordinate with Tele counsellors, programme staff (STS, TB HV etc.) and PPSA staff to obtain information on notified TB patients
• Conduct home visit within 15 days of treatment initiation and meet with patient and contacts to counsel them on LTBI, undertake symptom screening and answer their queries on TB and LTBI treatment
• Link symptomatic contacts for X-ray at nearest public or private health facility
• Provide LTBI drugs to all contacts
• Conduct follow-up visits to contacts for tracking adherence and delivering drug refills
• Provide additional support for contacts who have left the treatment mid-way for resuming the treatment
• Provide necessary support to patients in case of adverse drug reaction
• Counsel patients and family members for continuous and complete course of treatment
• Record treatment adherence on a monthly basis and treatment outcome at the end of treatment
• Maintain duly completed patient records and share them with MIS Assistant on a periodic basis
• Provide information on social support/security schemes for which patients are eligible
Required skills & experience
• Education qualification – Graduate or above, MSW preferred
• Prior work experience of 2-3 years as Treatment counsellor
• Proficiency in local language, Basic knowledge of English (written) is required
• Effective communications skills
• Empathy and dedication
• Interested candidates will send their resume to email@example.com with the subject line “LTBI Coordinator – Uttarakhand” along with name of district, present Salary and Notice period by 22nd August 2021” to apply
CHRI reserves the right to assign districts in the final offer to the shortlisted applicants based on program requirement.
All Applicants must have legal authorization to work in India.
CHRI is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
CHRI is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. CHRI does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Note: The selected candidate shall be issued an employment contract valid up to 31st March 2024 further contract extension will be based on program needs.