Table of Contents
Process Functional Consultant – Experience
EY Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
About the job
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY is leading an exciting Talent transformation for our business and clients with business engagement, innovation and experience led design is at the heart of this change.
HR Services is a truly global team established within EY Global Talent supporting Talent Transformation with global experiences and process design, and digital enablement across all our service lines.
The HR Process Team use a suite of strategic and operational capabilities to deliver global designs which leverage digital opportunities to improve the employee experience and achieve the desired business outcomes.
The role will:
- Support leaders in defining the desired experience, linking that to business strategies.
- Develop and monitor experience metrics in support of moments that matter in the employee lifecycle.
- Act as SMR for specific functional areas – across strategic, experience and operational requirements.
- Support the development and continuous improvement of the global process and experience designs ensuring the designs deliver on the business strategies, experience outcomes and quality standards.
- Establish strong working relationships with Talent team, other HR Services teams and non-talent teams to design and deploy innovative solutions.
- Produce designs which meet the desired outcomes and process standards.
Given the nature of this role, we are looking for an exceptional candidate with a unique blend of innovative process improvement experience, HR functional expertise and is passionate about user centric design. We are looking for a self starter who will bring agile thinking, an understanding of process data and can thrive in a virtual, global team.
Your Key Responsibilities
- SMR (Subject Matter Resource) for process design and improvement across strategic, experience and operational requirements and internal and external best practice.
- Use innovative methodologies (such as Design Thinking) to plan and facilitate the most efficient approach to design and improving designs.
- Monitor design performance and adoption in operations for pain points and delivery challenges, work with others to quantify issues, propose changes and actively resolve.
- Pro-actively identify opportunities for improvements and digital enablement, build the case for change articulating the business and user experience value or risk mitigation for leadership.
- Work across key stakeholder and user groups to ensure the required inputs are understood and incorporated.
- Understand the end to end lifecycle connections of the process across the organisation and ensure designs reflect this.
- Ensure designs are compliant with regulators and quality standards, monitor for compliance
- Provide review and assessment of design change requests.
- Manage the maintenance and accessibility of the global process content and documentation.
- Develop HR Process and user centric capability in others, for example, by leading formal knowledge sharing sessions or as a mentor and coach.
- Support and lead other process projects/initiatives as required.
- The role may require some travel and there is a need to work flexibly to attend calls and meetings with people across global time zones.
Skills And Attributes For Success
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Operational Human Resource and / or Process Design experience, ideally in global or consulting environment.
- Global mind set, experience working across multiple countries and time zones.
- Experience in building and delivering process/service delivery design.
- Confidence and previous experience with relevant methodologies (such as process design and improvement methodologies, experience led design methodologies (eg Design Thinking).
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills to develop and deliver engaging workshops with complex and detailed subject matter.
- Proven problem solving and analytic capability, able to use data to present challenges and solutions and opportunities to leadership.
- Project management skills.
- Proficiency with EY standard load set including Microsoft Office suite (, Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or above from a commercial, business or HR related discipline.
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Business Process Management certification advantageous (e.g. Six Sigma).
- Process mining experience.
What we look for:
A self-starter, that can work virtually and independently across multiple initiatives, balancing priorities and deadlines in a global environment. With a proven track record in process design and improvement, the HR functional expertise, and a focus on the user experience, the Functional Lead will ensure that designs not only drive business outcomes but enhance the overall experience, leveraging data, best practice, digital opportunities and research to inform designs and the ability to influence colleagues and clients in their process decisions.
What We Offer
Reward statement plus an outline of the culture and environment in this part of the firm. If not covered elsewhere, this may include language about the interesting, varied and important work; the freedom and autonomy you’ll have in the role; the feedback you will receive that you can learn from to achieve mastery at something; opportunities for personal growth and career advancement; or who and how you will be connected to others.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.